Friday, January 12, 2018

DEATH

I'm a get straight to the point. Death will be discussed in two ways in this post.
1. Literal DEATH! My first VLOG for 2018 was to be a "Just Do IT January" featuring owner/founder of Dining with Dria which is a weekly meal prep of healthy, tasty foods in appropriate portion sizes. Personally, Dria lost over 91 pounds by changing her diet and working out.
facebook.com/diningwithdriatx/

Well... that video has yet to happen. Unfortunately, tomorrow Dria is burying her grandfather that recently died of cancer. After enduring radiation, chemo, and a massive amount of severe pain Mr. Lancaster passed on the 30th day of his diagnosis. Cancer!!! Death!!! It is relatable to see people hash tag Fck Cancer! For real! Clearly, I can remember in 2011 the pain of losing my grandfather to cancer.  Two months later my kids lost their dad tragically.


We all know how heart breaking death is. Death is symbolic of us being on our journey and the bridge to get across the troubling waters is destroyed. Death is symbolic of being out to sea and the boat capsizing. Yes! It's that dramatic when our comfortable life lines are suddenly snatched away from up under us. I'm not going to say anything cliché about how to deal with the death of a loved one, but I will like to state... MANY TIMES WE FEEL AS IF OUR SHOES ARE TOO HEAVY TO WEAR!!! NOBODY UNDERSTANDS YOUR PAIN!

After my kids lost their dad, my middle son had a dream that he literally died in real life. The dream was so real to my son. They all went to counseling after the tragedy which taught them to express their feelings. So when my son woke up that morning, he immediately shared the frightening dream with me. I am a big believer that dreams are our subconscious trying to speak to our waking life. When he shared this with me, collectively we went to dream decoder website and researched what it meant. In summary, it said that he had experienced a traumatic loss and he was not to lose himself because of it. LIVE YOUR LIFE SO WELL THAT WHEN YOU DIE, PEOPLE WILL KNOW WHAT YOU WERE ALL ABOUT. I told my son to continue to be the funny bright kid that he is and not to change.

To be honest with you, I started traveling tough after 2011. It was my way to band aid the pain. It allowed us something to look forward. I never felt more alive. Losing someone close to you will cause you to realize how short life is.

2. Figuritive DEATH. One of my best best girlfriends asked me a question yesterday about how certain seminars and motivational speakers try to inspire people that they can do it! Telling people they can do something instead of showing them how is similar to directing the horse to the water. IT IS MY BELIEF THAT OFTENTIMES PEOPLE DON'T DO CERTAIN THINGS BECAUSE THEY JUST DON'T KNOW HOW! They don't even know where to begin.

When there are areas in your life that are dying you need direction! Seek and you shall find.  One of the main reasons people get so excited about the New Year is because it signifies new beginnings, possibilities, and opportunities. When you enter into a new stage of your life and you are smacked with tragedy(death), what is one to do? The take away is this... Find your direction! Deal with Death by Directing a different path! I have a co-worker who joined a foundation for pediatric cancer after she lost her daughter. Don't try to make sense of it at all. Use your daily gift of life to seek future direction. If your business is failing search for mentors that will show you how. These times we are living in it has never been easier to learn. Online you have the availability of information and resources easily. Learn how to fish and you will eat for the rest of your life. Right? And that goes both ways... the same girlfriend recently posted about one person having two talents and another one having five. Use your talents to direct someone else. Even if you only have two you can help someone behind.

In closing, this blog is all about our personal journeys. Its not always fun and games. Real life events will occur that are painful and makes you question everything. Why did this have to happen? Why me? What next?

If you didn't care about the death... then there would be no point of the pain. The only thing we are commanded to do while we are here is Love God and Love others! Whatever else you do along your journey...LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH LOVE! 


Have you lost someone or something very meaningful to you? How did you cope and what did you learn from the loss?

Life is a journey! Not a Destination!


VISIT MOKNOWSTRAVEL.COM FOR MORE LITERAL & FIGURITIVE TRAVEL POSTS! THANK YOU FOR READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HARD ROCK PUNTA CANA

The Hard Rock Resort in Punta Cana overall rating would be a 6 for me out of 10. For starters, I will share the positives about the resor...