Saturday, January 13, 2018

Buyers Remorse 

Lord knows I have two 16 hour shifts to work tomorrow and here I am up at 3 am can’t sleep. My insomnia is attributed to my purchase a few hours ago in a furniture store. Here I was attempting to go inside the store for inspiration! Honestly, I had no intentions of purchasing anything. But then.... there it was.... something caught my eye and the price tag was steep.  What it was is really of no importance. I could blame the pushy sales guy who followed me around the whole store. But, the truth is I knew I was just browsing and was not ready to buy anything.

So... here I am up googling the stores return policy and from what I’m reading I can call them in the morning and cancel my order. I’m crossing my fingers customer service will be open in the morning. The sad part is I came home from the store all excited telling the kids about what I had bought.
Ultimately, we can scream YOLO all day everyday. But, we still have to be good stewards of our money. This has happened to me before when I bought my truck a few years ago. It’s paid off now but I made a promise to myself to never put myself in a situation like that again.

At all times do what feels good for you! Things that light your spirit! I really don’t get joy out of things too much so I don’t know what took over me. Typically, I am very OCD and organized with things like staying on budget. I even plan my trips like two years in advance so I know I will have enough money. Also, we are only a few days into the New Year and I the plan was of paying off my Tummy Tuck surgery before I made any more purchases.

Today this was not something I planned for, but I do want in the future. Hopefully, I can get out of the purchase and add the item in my budget for the future or find something similar but more economical. Lesson learned at this destination (furniture store) is to stay on track! Don't derail and get side tracked with distractions!

Have you ever bought a car, purse, or shoes and regretted the purchase? How did you cope with your remorse? Just for curiosity... is there anyone out there that bought a trip they regretted?

Live is a Journey! Not a Destination! 

Visit MoKnowsTravel.com for more blogs about literal and figurative travel. 
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HARD ROCK PUNTA CANA

The Hard Rock Resort in Punta Cana overall rating would be a 6 for me out of 10. For starters, I will share the positives about the resor...