Sunday, October 15, 2017

Getting Started

I am writing this with the most excitement, because today I officially am the owner of a passport!!! Obtaining a passport symbolizes the door opening to the whole wide world! Literally... I could not stop smelling the book. It is such a delightful smell to me.  For the past five years, I've been traveling and only did international trips via a cruise. So who knows where I will go next? When I originally started traveling it was the year after I lost my grandfather. 2011 was a pretty bad year for our family. A lot of terrible things happened. However, I vowed for 2012 to restore our families happiness and create new memories. Whatever your reason for traveling, all you have to do is a few easy steps to get you going.

5 EASY STEPS TO GET GOING
1. Investigate- talk to family/friends. Google places you would like to go. Do some researching and get inspired. You're reading this post, so you are already on the right track.

2. Budget- how much money can you put away for a vacation? If you don't have a lot of disposable money... what can you cut back and/or sacrifice? I love the Mint app. It opens your eyes as to how much you are spending where. There is a feature where you can allocate X amount of funds per week for your travel goals. Mint will keep you on track with budgeting.

3. Take smaller vacays before you attempt big ones. Leave your city. Drive to another state. Visit new places that are not too far away from home before you attempt  a grand cross country adventure. 

4. Face your fears. People often tell me how they are afraid of planes or cruise boats. My answer to that... the world awaits! Don't live your life in fear! Statistically... planes and cruise boats are safer than automobiles. And seriously...  DO NOT PASS YOUR FEARS ON TO YOUR CHILDREN! Kids should be exposed at a young age to travel outside of a car.

5. Get a travel card! My travel card is my best friend. First of all, I can daily accrue miles that I can use for travel. Then, when I am away on vacation I carry my card as an added protection for just in case something happens.The key is to keep your balances low and ask your provider for a credit limit increase once a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HARD ROCK PUNTA CANA

The Hard Rock Resort in Punta Cana overall rating would be a 6 for me out of 10. For starters, I will share the positives about the resor...