Sunday, October 8, 2017

VEGAS STRONG

Today, makes a week since the terrorist attack occurred in Las Vegas. I already had travel plans to go out there last week and I was contemplated whether I should go or not. What I can tell you is that I'm glad that I went. Even though what happened was devastating, I believe the spirit of Vegas will live on. People from around the world come to Vegas to have a good time. After the massacre, I heard of so many stories of people coming together to help one another regardless of race or religion. There was an Uber driver just so happen to be passing by and loaded his car up with injured people and transported them to the hospital. At the end of the day, some people are just evil and mental health research has not evolved to determine exactly who they are as of today. But, in the mean time, we can have faith in our humanity.

In spite of what happened, my husband and I traveled to Vegas to celebrate his birthday. We stayed in the MGM, right across the street from the Mandalay Bay. And guess what? We still had a great time. This was my fourth time going to Vegas and I thought it would be my last, but I'm already planning to go back next year. The city of Vegas will never forget that day. Every hotel displayed on their billboards..... "  To our brave first responders, employees, and the entire community, our everlasting gratitude."

Also, we went to see the very erotic Zumanity show and before it began they thanked all the first responders and acknowledged those who lost their lives. In front of the Bellagio, people from all over set up a memorial. was beautiful to see that while the hotel featured a spectacular water show choreographed to the tones of Whitney Houston singing the national anthem. So much division in this country, at the end of the day, we are all human.

Without a doubt, the hubby and I had a blast in Vegas. We ate some good food. By the way- The Gumbo at Emeril's in MGM Grand is on point. We partied at the Martini Blu located in town square. We consumed way to much alcohol and lost too much money. But, I will do it again tomorrow. Vegas is our party town. It's spirit will live on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

HARD ROCK PUNTA CANA

The Hard Rock Resort in Punta Cana overall rating would be a 6 for me out of 10. For starters, I will share the positives about the resor...