Sunday, November 12, 2017

I'M DEPRESSED? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

Can I be candid with you for one second? For the most person, I am a very happy person! I love my life, my family, and I have so much gratitude in my heart for every blessing in my life. I know I am a good person and I aim to help as many people as I can. My esteem is high and everything and even when everything in my life feels to be falling into place.... For some reason... I still get feelings of everything falling apart.
Prime example... Yesterday, I had such an amazing day! I accompanied kids in my nonprofit to the Lonestar Flight Museum in Houston, TX. For Veterans Day, the Legacy Flight Academy provided free starter flights for kids who have never flown before. What an amazing experience for these kids. When I woke up, I was so excited and threw on one of my new favorite t shirts which says, "Live your dreams. FLY NOW!"
At the event, "Eyes Above The Horizon, " the atmosphere was loving. I enjoyed seeing all the volunteers and support from our armed forces on Veterans Day.
  
However..... when I got home I caught a bad case of the blues. For real. It just hit me like a train. And it hit me hard. I was depressed because I was tired. I was depressed because I had poured so much of myself unto others. For the last few days, I had been eating bad. And when I eat bad that always makes me feel bad.
But.... the biggest reason why I was depressed because I felt disappointed.  How many times do we feel that we should be somewhere else or farther along than where we are. Especially when we see others doing bigger and better things than yourself. I had spent the day around beautiful professional people. Air Force women, pilots, and professionals who were giving all they had to inspire the next generation of kids.
I thought of my childhood and how I should have went right instead of turning left. I thought of my adulthood as to how many times I've not pursued my goals. My finances are not where they are suppose to be. I look at my body and I still have some insecurities even though I work out so much and appear confidence.
The thing is... we all get tired, give too much to others, compare ourselves to others, and are very hard on ourselves.

My last blog was about an episode of modern family where I was using a good example of how everything just works out in life at the end. MODERN FAMILY EPISODE REVIEW Whats so crazy is on the way to the event I was listening to the country song with the lyrics, "I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be, " by Tim McGraw.
So maybe I wasn't clinically depressed last night, but we all get down. Here is the remedy:

1. REST- you can't do anything if you're tired

2. DELEGATE- stop doing everything on your own! Ask for help and demand it.

3. SELF LOVE- take care of you! Exercise! Drink some water. Eat some green stuff
And last but not least.... make a plan for YOUR LIFE AND STICK TO IT! THIS IS YOUR JOURNEY! I LOVE THIS MEME: Image result for THIS IS YOUR LIFE NO ONE WILL SAVE YOU


In case you're wondering... I woke up this morning well rested! Before I opened my eyes I sent out vibrations into the Universe about all the things that I am grateful for in my life!!! I thought really hard about my blues and I felt the strong urge to write and make adjustments in the future.
On your journey, if you're not learning and growing, then you're not going anywhere!

If you want to see my VLOG review of the Flight Museum: https://youtu.be/gOts_xWWkQQ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HARD ROCK PUNTA CANA

The Hard Rock Resort in Punta Cana overall rating would be a 6 for me out of 10. For starters, I will share the positives about the resor...